Apartments on WPV

The main forum for discussing all issues related to WPV. You can read this forum as a guest but you need to be registered to post on this board.
STUNMON

Apartments on WPV

Post by STUNMON » 05 Feb 2018, 09:50

My husband and myself are thinking about moving to an apartment. There are some reasonably priced ones on WPV and those on Middlewood Lodge look good. But what is it really like living in an apartment there? Are the gated communities very restrictive? Are there generally any problems?
Is anyone thinking of selling theirs?

Any feed back very welcome?

M Dyson

Jessity

Re: Apartments on WPV

Post by Jessity » 05 Feb 2018, 15:03

Can't comment on Middlewood Lodge. We live at Kingswood Hall and love it, different layouts/sizes of apartments. Some are rented and tenants change - moving to another area or to a house - but owners seem to have been here for ten years or more and no intention of leaving.

We find it very reassuring to live in a gated community. Gates are closed 6.00 pm to 6.00 am so it doesn't restrict access during the day. In addition the keypad only access to the main building is another security measure.

I imagine the efficiency of the managing agents must make a difference to any apartment building - ours are very good, building is well-maintained, communal areas properly cleaned, grounds well-kept on a very regular basis, windows cleaned, etc.

But it's personal choice isn't it, what suits one may not suit another.